Comparing website hosting providers can be a bit of a mystery. Referrals from other businesses and assoicates are a great way to start, and performing independant research is always encouraged, however it can be a tricky area. Much like car commericals which highlight only the features they excel in, it becomes difficult to find the right comparison. Additionally, while the word FREE or UNLIMITED sound very appealing, the majority of businesses do not need these FREE or UNLIMITED services, and for those websites which actually need "unlimited" or a lot of a particular feature would not be very happy with the service provided in those plans. So what is a business to do?
Well at ProactiveWeb we strive to be different than the competiton, and here are a few ways...
1) First, we highly recommend you take a look over at CNN Money's GUide on Selecting a Small Business Webhosting Company article which lists an excellent place to start.
2) We don't offer unlimited plans, because this is simply misleading. There is no such thing as an unlimited amount of any resource, and certainly not when you're looking in this sub-$100 price range. Large businesses such as CNN and Fox invest tens of thousands of dollars annually into their websites, and why would they need to if they could get an unlimited plan for $19.95? Simple, they plans are not truely unlimited. Even one of the largest website providers who sell "unlimited" plans will actually start turning away visitors over 100 concurrent connections(ref) - that doesn't sound like unlimited to us... Our plans provide reasonable limits which meet the needs of most businesses.
3) Our support staff is unique - each individual is an engineer and web guru themselves. We don't have entry level support technicians, students learning the trade. Each support engineer holds multiple certifications from industrys which mean something like Microsoft, Cisco and CIW. Each engineer has over 10 years of web experience. These guys really know the internet and how it works, there are no flow charts, question trees or huge wait times for your issue to be escalated. You are directly connected to the correct resource everytime! This is the biggest reason customers switch to ProactiveWeb - we support you AND your website.
4) Availability of your website - if your customers cannot reach your website, then why have a website. Because we employ certified engineers with years of experience who know the web and how it works, downtime is virtually eliminated. Unfortunately we live in a world where software companies such as Microsoft and Red Hat make mistakes so we occationally need to reboot our servers to apply these updates to ensure you have a secure server, but that is about it. As of September 2012 our uptime is 99.99% - which exceeds virtually every hosting company.
5) Server performance - you want your website to perform quickly without having to wait for each page to load. A lot of new website software such as Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla significantly slow down your experiance. Our engineers have extensive experiances with these packages and we work with you so that your website runs as fast as possible. Many hosting companys simply provide you a place to put your content, but we help ensure that your website performs to your expectations! This is the second biggest reasons customers switch to ProactiveWeb - they are tired of their hosting company providing excuses or simply not helping them with their software.
6) Full service hosting and development - The majority of companies can be grouped into one of two categories: website hosting companies which focus on providing the hosting service; and website design companies which focus on the software or appearance part of your website; and rarely can either help you when the problem is on the other side of the equation. At ProactiveWeb we provide full service hosting AND development and can help you will all apsects of your online presence.
7) Security - all of our servers are owned by ProactiveWeb, we do not share servers or resources with other providers. Your data is kept secured on our own company paid and managed servers. Those servers are kept in highly secure, SAS 70 compliant data centers, with mulitple and layered security systems requiring biometric, photo ID, and PIN number authentication, along with fully redundant power and cooling equipment. Each data center is equipped with mutiple, carrier nutral internet circuits to prevent an outage on a single network from rendering your website unavailable.
We provide all of these benefits to you and MORE with our reasonably price hosting plans for all customers! We challenge you to ask your currest hosting provider how they compare to these features and how they can materially affect your website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 11:18|